Pain Self-Management Program FAQ
Friending Frequently Asked Questions
A â€œfriendâ€ is another program user who has become a â€œfriendâ€ via mutual agreement. A participantâ€™s list of friends is displayed on their profile, as in other social networking utilities. When a user joins a community, his or her public profile will display in the community. Members of the community may send a â€œfriend invitationâ€ to other users who may accept or decline. Thus, a user may locate a potential â€œfriendâ€ in the communities or by searching for them.
Q: How do I invite a friend to join Goalistics?
- Click the INVITE A FRIEND link in the top right-hand corner of the screen. The Invite a Friend screen appears.
- Fill in the e-mail address of the friend you wish to invite. If you desire, also fill in a personal message.
- Click the SEND INVITATION button. The system returns to the home page and the â€œinvitation was successfully createdâ€ message appears.
- Your friend or family member will receive an e-mail invitation containing a link to join Goalistics. The link will take them directly to the Sign Up page.
Note: Once your friend joins the program they will automatically be made a â€œfriendâ€ of yours in the system.
Print invite a friend directions here.
Q: How do I become friends with another member?
A: The easiest way to have someone become your friend is through the communities.
- First, join a community.
- Click on the personâ€™s Gravatar icon. His/her profile appears.
- Click the REQUEST FRIENDSHIP button. The system updates and displays the â€œFriend request was successfully sentâ€ message.
- The system sends a message to that personâ€™s Goalistics inbox and a copy to that personâ€™s personal e-mail account with a link to his/her profile to accept the friend request.
Print become friends directions here.